Design & Architecture
Successful architectural design requires a passion for solving problems, highly qualified craftsmen, tradesmen and artisans to ensure every phase of the construction process results in spectacular architecture. More than three decades of experience is contributed to the successful hand selection of our entire architectural team. CastleGate’s talented team of professionals is committed and passionate about exceeding our clients’ expectations.
House vs Home
How people connect to their dwellings is a life changing discovery.
The tools we use to successfully build your home are more than the usual tools you may immediately think of. While saws, hammers and measuring devices are required to build, the tools most critically used are listening and comprehending.
The results of careful listening uncover core values that allow for translating that information during the design process. We are very conscientious about building homes that restore energy and add a revitalizing essence to the valuable time spent within them. Therefore, effective listening and creative interpretation is the key starting point to successfully discovering these delicate elements. Ultimately these delicate discoveries become the true foundation of your new home. It is of vital importance to fulfill the obligations of this phase before moving on to the subsequent details of construction to ensure ongoing success.
After the listening and translation phase of the project, we are then prepared to effectively continue the architectural design process.
Details and more details best describe this phase of the project. Renderings, 3-D modeling, building plans, engineering requirements and architectural guidelines all offer the first glimpse of your new custom home. After this phase is completed, we continue on with the creative contributions phase until arriving at one magical conclusion.
Project Consultation & Design
Proper planning prior to the construction phase of a project ensures high-quality results.
During the planning phase the design team will
- Establish project outline, desires and inspiration through an in-depth client interview.
- Create conceptual drawings outlining project direction.
- Finalize critical details on design selection.
- Prepare cost analysis based upon client approved design.
After successfully completing the design process the construction planning begins with a pre-construction meeting establishing the game plan. The game plan is exactly what it sounds like in that the contractor and client make up a team unified to execute a clearly communicated and agreed upon end result. Our project success is attributed to the disciplines of consistent, effective communication between all team members.
Our 5 step construction planning process includes
- Establish detailed construction schedule highlighting all activities including purchasing, fabrication, shop drawing production and construction work in place.
- Order and expedite the delivery of all materials and associated supplies.
- Implement management control of all project activities both on-site and off-site.
- Prepare and implement subcontract agreements and purchase orders.
- Establish regular project meeting schedule to review project status.